Friday, February 8, 2013

Waiting

I've learned so much on this adoption journey, but since a lot of adoption is about waiting many of my lessons come back to that same place. I have to daily surrender my plans and my timing to His. I have to daily confess that I'm trying to make this journey about me when it is really all about Him. I have to take myself off the throne and let Him be there-where He belongs. Many verses have encouraged me lately so I'd thought I'd share a few just in case you too find yourself waiting...

Psalm 147:5 Great is The Lord and abundant in power, his understanding is beyond measure.

Jeremiah 31:3b I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

Hebrews 4:15-16. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin, let us then with coincidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Joshua 21:45 Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

Last week we got news that the Embassy in Congo was adding a step to the adoption process. They are adding an investigation because they are seeing such a surge in adoptions through Congo and want to make sure each child being adopted is in fact an orphan. This step could add 3-6 months to our process. Today we did get our i600 approval which was needed to begin the investigation so that was good news. Please join us in praying that our case would be very smooth and swift. Pray for the people working in the embassy and in our agency to be organized and efficient. Most of all pray for our sweet little Lydia that she would be safe and protected while we continue to wait for her to come home. We of course need prayers as we wait. It is our desire to wait well and to use each moment spent waiting for His glory. It is humbling to know there are so many prayers being spoken on behalf of us and our little lady. Thank you.




1 comment:

  1. When I heard about this Embassy change, I thought of you guys, knowing you are so close to bringing Lydia home. Praying for you while you wait some more!

    ReplyDelete